1. Natural Peanut Butter – Peanut butter is a great source of protein and it is just as delicious without all that added sugar.
2. Real Butter instead of Margarine – It may have a few more calories, but it well worth it to avoid the hydrogenated oils in the fake stuff.
3. 100% Whole Wheat Bread and Pasta – Check the labels and go for the fewest ingredients. Switching to whole wheat pasta was one of the easiest for my family, even the kids seem to like the flavor better.
4. Just Fruit – No Sugar Jams: Fruit is sweet all by itself. I’ve even just thrown some fruit in my Blendtec and then used it as spread on toast or jam on sandwiches.
6. Real Maple Syrup – Adds sweetness without all the processed junk…i.e. high fructose corn syrup!
7. Unrefined Coconut Oil & Olive Oil – Another easy switch to the much less processed versions. fyi – The best price I’ve found on quality coconut oil is Costco, but you can also find decent deals on amazon.
8. Drink Water instead of Juice or Soda
I’ve been using real butter for so long that I can’t stand the taste of margarine when I come across it somewhere else! We also drink primarily water and use whole wheat pasta.
That’s great Rachel! Keep it up! 🙂