This quick and easy Cilantro-Lime Brown Rice is so fresh and delicious and perfect paired with just about any meal!
You guy won’t believe how incredibly quick and easy it is to throw together this healthy side dish! All you need are 3 ingredients and a few minutes of prep! I pull this one out for dinner guests all the time and no one ever suspects how simple it is.
For the best health benefits, you’ll want to use a long grain brown or wild rice. I’ve used this Uncle Ben’s Instant Brown Rice when I’m in a serious hurry, but my absolute favorite is this RiceSelect Texmati Brown Rice – it is 100% natural, Non GMO, the flavor is awesome, and Amazon has a great price on it – especially when you do Subscribe & Save option.
You can use white rice with this recipe and it’s still delicious, you just miss out on all the added fiber and protein that comes with the long grain brown or wild rice. Plus, with the added flavor from the lime and cilantro, I bet your family won’t even notice the switch from white to brown. That switch, and the switch to whole wheat pasta were two of the easiest changes for my family to adjust to.
Anyway, I hope you’ll give this delicious side dish a try! It’s fantastic with these main dishes…
or even just with some grilled chicken breasts!
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice (or about 4½ cups cooked)
- 1 lime (or 2 tablespoons of lime juice)
- ½ cup unpacked chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions. You can use a rice cooker, or even just whole grain brown minute rice.
- When the rice is cooked, let cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Juice the lime and chop the cilantro. I just use my kitchen scissors to "chop" the cilantro, it's much easier and quicker than a knife.
- Stir the fresh lime juice and chopped fresh cilantro into the rice. Enjoy!
Looking for more quick and easy side dishes? Checkout these healthy real food recipes…