Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken – This simple and healthy slow cooker recipe makes the juiciest and most flavorful chicken I’ve ever had!
I’m so happy you are here for this delicious recipe for slow cooker lemon pepper chicken!
Before I give you this recipe though, I wanted to offer you my newest eCookbook totally for FREE!
I collected 10 of my favorite healthy slow cooker recipes (including a recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken & Veggies, White Chicken Chili, and Beef & Broccoli!) and I just know you are going to love them!
Just click HERE or on the image below and enter your email address and I’ll email you a copy.
I don’t know about you, but it seems to me that you can only eat chicken so many times before getting bored, especially when you are sticking to healthy ways to cook it.
Last week in my search for a new, and preferably super easy, way to cook up some chicken for dinner I came across a recipe from The Recipe Critic for chicken in the slow cooker (aka Crock Pot) that sounded delicious. I made a few healthy changes and gave it a try.
Let me tell you, it was beyond delicious! It was seriously the juiciest, most tender and flavorful chicken I’ve ever had. It’s pretty much my new favorite way to cook chicken.
You have to try it. Period. It’s that good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare your chicken by rinsing it and trimming the fat. I cut each breast into 2 pieces to make them more like large tenders.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning. Coat each piece of chicken in flour.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, brown each side of the chicken. You want them to be golden brown, but not cooked through because you’ll be cooking them in the slow cooker.
- Spray the slow cooker (crockpot) with cooking spray and place the browned chicken into the bottom. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Mix together the lemon juice and chicken broth. Pour over the chicken and seasoning.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Enjoy!
I hope you and your family love this recipe as much as mine does! And, don’t forget to request your free ecookbook!
ENTER YOUR EMAIL & I'LL SEND YOU A FREE EBOOK WITH MY 10 BEST HEALTHY SLOW COOKER RECIPES
More Healthy Recipes…
The Happy Gal says
Looks delicious! What have you served with it?
Thanks Jenny! We had it with a cabbage salad and baked acorn squash. The next day my husband had it on rolls for lunch and I had it sliced over a green salad. It was just as good if not better as leftovers! 🙂 Here is the squash recipe we had it with…
Could this be made with bone-in chicken? (I have a bunch in my freezer right now)
It should work great with bone-in chicken. If you try it definitely come back and let us know how it goes!
How much sodium?
Hi Jen! There are 466mg of sodium per serving.