Like I told you yesterday, I’m getting ready to enjoy my favorite Halloween treats by starting the week with a bunch of uber healthy choices. I’m sticking with my belief that lots of leafy greens negate candy calories, and this Craveable Fall Salad is absolutely the most delicious way to eat your greens.
I chose the name craveable because it really is just that. It is 6am and I am sitting here craving this salad. So, obviously it is that amazing. I love all the fall produce and flavors – pears, dried cranberries, Homemade Candied Pecans, and crumbled feta cheese. And, like I said yesterday, the Maple Balsamic Dressing is so simple and delicious, it is the perfect tangy and sweet addition.
Give it a try and I bet you’ll be craving it too!
- 1 head romaine, endive, or green leaf lettuce, chopped*
- 1 pear, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (I buy ones like these that are sweetened with apple juice.)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup Candied Pecans
- Homemade Maple Balsamic Dressing
- *Spinach or arugula would be great too, just use your favorite greens.
- Assemble the salad by tossing greens, pear slices and cranberries in a large mixing bowl with dressing.
- Top with crumbled feta and candied pecans.
322 calories, 6.4g fiber, 4g protein
*Actual nutrition info may vary based on exact ingredients used. Find complete nutrition info on MyFitnessPal by searching FG8 Fall Salad.