These cute little Taco Salad Bowls are so easy to make and they are a favorite of my kids. It is pretty fun to be able to pick up your taco salad and crunch away! 🙂 You just need a few simple ingredients, a cupcake pan and an oven.
- 6 corn tortillas*
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- *can also use small whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or brush each tortilla with a thin coat of olive oil. It is best to use fresh tortillas, but if they need softening just wrap them in a damp paper towel and put them in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Press each tortilla into one hole of the cupcake pan. The edges will fold and overlap some. Don't worry if they crack just a little, once baked they will still hold the filling.
- Sprinkle each bowl with a little salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are crisp and slightly brown. Rotate the pan halfway through baking to avoid burning in hot spots.
- The middle will still be slightly flexible, but will crisp as it cools. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then check for crispness. If the middle is still soft, return them to the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Fill with Salsa Chicken, lettuce, avocado, and your favorite taco fixings. Leftover empty bowls can be stored in a ziplock bag for up to a week.
45 calories, 2.1g fat, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g protein
*Nutrition info does not include filling or toppings and may vary based on exact ingredients used. Find this recipe on MyFitnessPal as FG8 Baked Mini Taco Salad Bowls.
This recipe goes great with