Okay, so I know this feels a little cheesy the first time, but stick with me – if you try and really use this, it is life changing!
One of my all time favorite “self-help” books The Jackrabbit Factor by Leslie Householder (definitely recommended reading) taught me how to write what I call a “vision statement”. I think she calls it a goal or gratitude statement.
Here is how you do it…
- Get a piece of paper and write the FINAL date of your challenge across the top. Yep, I mean a date 7 weeks from now. This will be a journal entry written as if you just finished all 8 weeks of the challenge.
- Close your eyes and envision the person you would like to be on that day – healthier, stronger, happier, etc…
- Now write your journal entry following this format, “I am so happy and grateful now that I enjoy…Because…”
- Write the entire entry in present tense! Describe how you feel “now” as if you are already there and enjoying your success! You may even detail what you are wearing, doing, and feeling.
- Now, read it often and really believe it! 🙂
“I will write a detailed description of my life as I want it, as though it has already happened, with some future date at the top like a journal entry. I will allow myself to feel gratitude as though it is already mine. That which I desire is looking for me.” Leslie Householder