Sometimes you just NEED a crunchy, salty snack. These roasted chickpeas are perfect for satisfying that craving while also giving you healthy protein and fiber. And, you can substitute your favorite seasonings to create a healthy snack you’ll crave!
All you need is a can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), some olive oil, and your oven. I’ve also tested and refined the cooking process to get the crunchiest result. I hope you love this healthy snack as much as I do!
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon seasoning*
- *Some of our favorites are sea salt, jamaican jerk seasoning, garlic and onion salt, or chili powder. Any of your favorites will work, just adjust the amount based on the strength of the flavor you are using.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas under cold water. Dump them in a single layer onto a paper towel and allow to dry completely.
- Remove any lose skins. You don't have to remove them all, but without the lose skins they will end up crunchier.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Move the plain chickpeas to the foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put in the cold oven and begin preheating to 425 degrees F.
- Once the oven is preheated (or after 15 minutes), take the chickpeas out, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Make sure all of the chickpeas are evenly coated and then return the pan to the oven.
- Cook for another 30 minutes at 425 degrees F, stirring once halfway through.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door slightly, and leave the pan of chickpeas in the oven while it cools. This is another optional step that helps give the crunchiest result.
- Once they have cooled completely, remove from the oven and enjoy! They will stay crunchy in a ziplock bag for a few days...if they last that long. 🙂
120 calories, 3.4g fat, 5.2g fiber, 5.2g protein
*Actual nutrition info may vary based on exact ingredients used. Find this recipe in MyFitnessPal as FG8 Oven Roasted Chickpeas.