Did you know you can detox without starving, juicing, or gagging down a spicy drink? A safe and healthy detox is a great way to kick sugar cravings and jump start healthy weight loss!
I’m sure you’ve heard about a whole bunch of detox diets. Fasts, nasty lemon drinks, or juice only diets can be a tempting way to quickly lose weight, but if you aren’t careful they can also be far from healthy or even dangerous. “(Detox diets) can really dehydrate you or rob your body of potassium and other electrolytes,” says Julie Eltman, R.D., of Los Angeles. “Over time, or even within minutes, electrolyte imbalance can cause heart problems, organ damage and more.”
According to Jaclyn London, M.S., R.D., a senior dietician at Mount Sinai Hospital, “Organs like your liver, kidneys, and intestines already get rid of harmful toxins in your body. So, what you can do? Promote the health of your detoxifying organs to naturally improve your body’s ability rid itself of toxins and waste.”
So, here are 8 safe and healthy ways you can help your body detox naturally.
1. Eat foods that help with healthy digestion and organ health. Artichokes, brussels sprouts, oranges, sweet potatoes, lentils, oats, and yogurt are all foods that can naturally help with healthy gut bacteria, liver metabolism, and the overall health of all your organs.
2. Start your day with a detox smoothie. The superfood ingredients can help jumpstart your metabolism and promote digestion. You can find my favorite recipe as part of the FREE 7-Day Jump Start Detox plan right here.
3. Choose organic foods when possible. This can help you avoid the toxins that can be harmful to your health,
4. Get a good massage. A deep tissue massage, performed by a registered massage therapist, can help release built up toxins.
5. Drink more water. If there is one thing that can help you naturally detox, it’s drinking more water. Bonus: you’ll also notice clearer, healthier looking skin.
6. Eat more fiber. Try to get the daily recommended 25-30 grams of fiber from natural sources like fruits, vegetables, beans, and whole grains.
7. Add probiotics. Ingesting more probiotics either in foods like yogurt, or in supplement form can help your digestive system eliminate bad bacteria, ensure the presence of good bacteria, and work as a cleansing agent.
8. Take a bath. A hot detox bath (especially one with detoxing ingredients like the recipe in the 7-Day Jump Start Detox plan) can help you sweat out toxins and reduce water retention. Make sure you drink plenty of water before, during and after your bath.
Need help knowing exactly what to eat, drink, and do during your detox? Don’t miss out of the FREE 7-Day Jump Start Detox!
Click on the image below to get your free plan now!