Last week I re-shared the recipe for my favorite coconut dessert Coconut-Lime Crack Bars and promised I’d be back soon with more ways to use that delicious sweet coconut mix. Today I’m sharing the first of 2 new variations – Coconut Stuffed Strawberries! Like I said, I’ve become a little bit coconut obsessed. It’s definitely a good obsession … I promise you’ll thank me later. 🙂
These Coconut Stuffed Strawberries couldn’t be easier to make, but the end result feels fancy and tastes decadent. Plus, they look gorgeous! I think they’d even make a beautiful gift for Valentine’s or Mother’s Day. Did you hear that husbands?
Anyway, onto the the recipe! Oh, and I forgot to mention that drizzling or even dipping these babies into chocolate is optional (yeah right!), just make sure you use a dark chocolate that is 70% cacao or greater.
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 16 strawberries
- Mix together melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Combine with coconut and salt in a stand mixer or food processor and mix well.
- Cut each strawberry in a circle around the top and at an angle down and toward the center, so that you remove the stem and a small amount of the middle.
- Fill each strawberry with 1 tablespoon of coconut filling. You can also drizzle or dip each strawberry in dark chocolate.
- Enjoy! Keep any leftovers refrigerated.
43 calories, 0.6g fiber, 0.3g protein
*Nutrition info may vary based on exact brands used. Recipe on MyFitnessPal as FG8 Coconut Stuffed Strawberries.