This Fresh Pineapple Salsa is the perfect summer side dish or party appetizer! Only 6 fresh ingredients and 15 minutes to make and the flavor is amazing.
Hey!! Happy Summer!
If you can’t tell from how quiet the blog has been, I’ve been taking a break and enjoying the summer with my kiddos. Tons of time at the water park, lots of neighborhood water fights and bbqs, and even some lazy afternoons reading a good book.
And, nothing screams summer more than this incredible pineapple salsa. The fresh ingredients and amazing flavor combo are to die for. I’ve made this for just about every bbq and get together this summer and it has always been a hit.
It’s perfect with tortilla chips, on fish tacos, or even over grilled teriyaki chicken. Seriously, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Look at how beautiful it is too, I just love all that color! So bright and fresh. Like I said, it screams summertime. I’m definitely going to be craving this one this winter when it is cold and snowy.
And, it really is simple to make. It’s takes some time chopping, but no complicated ingredients, and no need to heat up your kitchen.
You can also switch up the ingredients to include your favorites. Sometimes I use tomato and sometimes I just stick with red pepper. Occasionally I even add a little jalapeno for some heat. Feel free to mix it up and include your favorites.
I know this one is going to be a favorite.
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (any color or combination of colors)
- 1 cup roma tomatoes (or sometimes I switch these for another cup of red bell pepper)
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped purple onion
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- optional: 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- In a medium bowl, mix together diced pineapple, peppers, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Make sure you taste with chips if you'll be eating it that way, so you don't add too much salt.
- Enjoy with chips, on fish tacos, or over grilled chicken or fish.
Oh, and after you fall in love with this one, make sure you try this fresh Strawberry Salsa too!