Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites – All the flavor of pumpkin pie in a healthy snack packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats! Healthy dessert you can feel good about eating.
Fall time is here and it doesn’t get much better than fall colors on the trees, crisp air, and of course pumpkin flavored everything. Am I right?
Okay, maybe not pumpkin flavored everything, I’ve definitely seen it taken too far. Does anyone really like pumpkin pasta sauce or pumpkin spice flavored water?!
Don’t worry though, no weird pumpkin recipes here.
These pumpkin pie energy bites are the perfect way to indulge your pumpkin pie cravings the delicious way. All the flavor and sweetness of pumpkin pie, but crammed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber to help you stay feeling full and satisfied for hours.
Plus, the only thing better than pumpkin pie is a pumpkin pie snack you can enjoy every day guilt-free!
First, before I share the recipe, let me just give you a quick heads up on the ingredient list. There might be a few things on there that you don’t already have in your kitchen, but don’t let that scare you away. This recipe is super versatile, there are lots of adjustments you can make if you need to. Here are some ideas…
Pecans, chia seeds and flaxseeds all add healthy fats and fiber that are great at helping to keep you feeling full. You can also substitute any of them for the others in this recipe. Use 2 tablespoons of chia if you don’t have flaxseeds, or the other way around. Or, if you don’t have chia or flaxseeds, just add extra pecans. The best prices I’ve found on chia and flaxseeds are on Amazon.
However, the one thing I don’t want you to leave out are the dates. I know they feel intimidating if you’d never used them before, but they are an amazing natural sweetener and help bind everything together. You can find them at your local grocery store (I get mine in the bulk section), and I promise you can’t even taste them in this recipe.
Try them, you won’t regret it. 🙂
- 2 cups pitted dates*
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- *If the dates are dry or hard, let them soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Put dates in a 14 cup food processor (You'll need a large capacity food processor for this recipe. If you don't have one that big, just cut the recipe in half). Pulse dates until they are in small pieces and start to form a ball.
- Add the oats, pumpkin, maple syrup, pecans, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes. Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These also freeze beautifully.
Looking for more healthy energy bite recipes? Get 10 of my favorite healthy energy bites recipes here –> http://blog.feelgreatin8.com/10-healthy-energy-bites-recipes/
Or enter your email here to get the Free PDF:
>>> http://CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FREE ECOOKBOOK – 10 HEALTHY ENERGY BITE RECIPES <<<
Sign up to receive a healthy recipe every Monday! CLICK HERE