These Candied Almonds made with pure maple syrup and heart healthy coconut oil are the perfect sweet and crunchy snack that won’t derail your healthy goals!
Nuts are one of my daily go-to snacks. I buy raw almonds, pecans, and walnuts in bulk and reach for a small handful almost every afternoon. They are perfect for killing my cravings for something crunchy, plus they are packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber!
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition even found that people who added nuts to their diets and who replaced other foods with nuts lost more weight (an average 1.4 pounds more) and reduced their waist sizes by more than half an inch.
And, speaking of sweet, this recipe makes almonds crazy sweet and delicious! You’ll obviously want to go for raw nuts more often than you reach for the candied kind, but occasionally these can be a yummy healthy treat you can enjoy guilt-free!
They would also make a perfect neighbor gift for the holidays! Just make sure you let them completely cool before putting them in a cute mason jar with a bow.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt and stir well.
- When mixture is bubbling, add almonds.
- Stir almonds well, so that they're completely coated in the maple syrup mixture. Cook and stir constantly for about 5 minutes, being careful so that they don't burn.
- Take the pan off the heat and transfer the almonds onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper to cool.
- Serve when cool. Hide the extras in an airtight container so that you don't eat them all in one sitting. 🙂
272 calories, 4.5g fiber, 8.3g protein
*Actual nutrition info may vary based on exact ingredients used. Find this recipe and complete nutrition info on MyFitnessPal as FG8 Candied Almonds.
Looking for more sweet healthy snacks?