You guys. Listen close…
If you’ve never had fresh homemade pico de gallo you need to run and make it now. I can’t even tell you how delicious it is. It’s so fresh and flavorful, clean and crisp, and did I mention fresh and delicious? See, there aren’t enough words.
During the summer when my dad shares his garden tomatoes I practically live on this stuff for weeks. It’s awesome with Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips, in a quesadilla or omelette, as a topping on tacos, or even just over some fresh greens in a salad. Yum. Yum. Yum.
Really, run make it right now. Then bring me some, please. 🙂
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ a large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- coarse sea salt to taste
- Wash and chop all of the ingredients.
- Mix together in a large bowl and season with salt to taste. If you'll be dipping chips, make sure to test the flavor with the chips you'll be using. That way you can judge the amount of salt still needed when eaten with a salty chip.
- Refrigerate leftovers and enjoy within 24 hours or so. After that the ingredients will begin to break down and end up soupy.