This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is so moist and delicious, you’d never guess it is gluten free, dairy free, high in protein and fiber, and has no refined sugar!
It’s zucchini season and this bread is the perfect way to use up all that extra from your garden! Actually, I have a brown thumb and can’t keep a garden alive, so I just use all of the extra zucchini from everyone else’s gardens. It pretty much my favorite job. 🙂
Really though, you HAVE to try this bread. It’s gluten free and paleo friendly, but even if you aren’t either of those things, you should definitely still give it a try. It’s low in sugar/carbs and high in fiber and protein, but it seriously tastes like dessert. My toddler calls it brownies and thinks I’m the coolest mom ever because I let him have it for breakfast. 🙂
It also makes a great treat to share. I like to triple the recipe so I have plenty of little loafs for our family and plenty to share with the neighbors. It’s always a hit!
Speaking of little loaves to share, make sure you have mini loaf pans (5 3/4″ x 3 1/4″) on hand. You’ll want to bake this bread in the mini loaves, not the usual big bread pans. I’ve made it in a big pan before, but by the time the middle is cooked well the outsides are burned and the bread just isn’t as moist. I just use these disposable aluminum pans and can’t recommend them enough. They make it super easy to share with the neighbors and they are so cheap (like $0.40 each) you never even have to worry about washing them. Just use them once and then recycle them when you are done. Right now you can get this pack of 60 on Amazon for less than $20! (affiliate link)
Anyway, happy baking! Hope you guys love this one as much as my family and my neighbors do. 🙂
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1½ cups shredded)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cups almond butter*
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- *Can substitute peanut butter or another nut butter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shred your zucchini using a food processor or cheese grater. Remove all of the liquid from the zucchini by squeezing it between paper towels until it feels dry.
- Mix the zucchini with all of the other ingredients until they are combined and are a deep chocolate color.
- Pour the batter evenly into two mini loaf pans. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes,or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut each load into 8 slices, and serve! Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
1. Disposable Mini Loaf Pans: These cute mini loaf pans are perfect for this bread. I love that they are disposable, so I can easily give them away to neighbors, or just recycle them when our bread is gone. This set on Amazon comes with 60 pans for less than $20!
3. Almond Butter: If you’ve never tried almond butter, please run buy some right now. You can make your own just by grinding almonds in a food processor, my grocery store has a machine that grinds it fresh, or Justin’s brand is delicious. Really, go try some asap!
4. Food Processor: Speaking of food processors, I don’t have one and I want one bad! I just spent way to long looking at all the options on Amazon and daydreaming of having one in my kitchen. Honey, if you’re reading this, there’s this Hamilton Beach one for only $35 and it got awesome reviews! 🙂
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY REAL FOOD RECIPES?
* Some link are affiliates. When you purchase a product through one of these links the cost for you is the same, but I receive a small commission. Thanks for your support!