Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe – This healthy copycat recipe is the perfect 160 calorie treat to help you avoid the drive-through!
It’s that time of year again! You know, when a certain drive-though is tempting us with a minty green shake.
Don’t worry though, I’m here with a simple healthy shamrock shake recipe that will save your time, money, and health! You are going to love this copycat and you won’t believe how much healthier it is!
Have you ever actually checked out the nutrition info on the McD version? I couldn’t believe it when I saw these numbers! One shake has 820 calories, 23g of fat, 135g of carbs, and 115g of sugar! Insane right?! More calories than you should eat in a meal and a full HALF CUP OF SUGAR in one serving!!
This healthy shamrock shake recipe has just 164 calories, 0g of fat, 35g of carbs, and 14g of sugar. Plus it has 3g of fiber and 7g of healthy protein! You’re favorite treat made healthy enough for breakfast!
You have my permission to make this one over and over again. And, now you won’t even have to wait for the limited edition version, you can enjoy them at home anytime of the year. S-A-WEET!
Oh, and did I mention that I added an addition that takes this recipe up a notch?
Homemade Peppermint Whipped Cream
Skip the artificial ingredients and make some fresh, I promise you won’t regret it. It’s the perfect addition to this healthy shamrock shake, just the right amount of decadence. 🙂
Enough talk, I know you just want this killer recipe!
- 2 medium bananas, frozen
- 1⅓ cup skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- ½ cup spinach
- green food coloring (optional)
- marchino cherry (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Put all of the shake ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add green food coloring to brighten the green color if you want. Taste and add peppermint extract if needed.
- For the optional peppermint whipped cream: Whip the heavy cream, maple syrup and peppermint extract with an electric mixer until fluffy. If you want the pretty topping look, put the whipped cream in a piping bag with a star piping tip.
Looking for more healthy real food recipes? Here are a few more of my favorite healthy shakes & smoothies!